Darius's Orange Flan
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for caramel sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp Triple Sec liqueur
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp grated orange peel
- 8 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
The flan can be baked in either a wide glass baking dish, or glass mixing bowl or 6 ramekins.
Heat 4-5 cups of water in a pot on stovetop for the water bath.
Cook in skillet
Put a heavy skillet or saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup sugar. With the back of a wooden spoon, keep sugar moving constantly in skillet. As the sugar begins to melt, pour in the triple sec. Keep moving the spoon until sugar is completely melted, and of a rich medium brown color (caramelized).